Many tourists call Prague the beer capital and there is no wonder why. The history of brewing here has begun in 10th century and since then been constantly developing. We can bet that coming here you will be impressed by the choice of varieties and sorts of beer and places where to drink it. In this article we will speak about best craft beer places in Prague where to try the most delicious and unusual beer.
Among the best craft beer place in Prague are: Poctivej Výčep, Zlý Časy, Diego Beer Bar, Zubatý pes, Vinohradský pivovar, Nota Bene, Bad flash bar Prague, U Tri Ruzi, The Hostivar Brewery, BeerGeek Bar, Pivovarsky Klub, Roesel – Beer & Cake, Craft House Prague, Fat Cat Brewery and Pub, Illegal Beer, Pipa Beer Story.
Poctivej Výčep Prague
Poctivej výčep opened in Prague in 2015, but despite its young age has already managed to win recognition among beer lovers. It is quite small with cozy and friendly atmosphere, with good quality beer and products. Here you can also try steaks, meat-barbecue, burgers, as well as various salads and sandwiches.
In warm days the bar offers to take a rest on a summer terrace. Among the most popular beer here are Slavkov 12, Slavkov 10, Továrna Weizenbock 16, Cloock Twist 14, but you can also enjoy other sorts as well. The price for 0.5 liters is from 30 to 50 CZK.
- Work hours: from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Address: Třeboradická 478/19, Praha 8.
- Phone number: +420 728 477 476.
Zlý Časy Prague
The next place in our list of best craft beer places in Prague is Zlý Časy. It has a couple of halls, but that’s not all. The establishment is highly popular thanks to a huge variety of beer and friendly price from 30 to 70 CZK. Just look at this choice:
- Mahr´s Bräu Weisse
- Permon I.P.A
- Griess Kellerbier kvasnicový
- Únětické Pivo 12°
- Chýně Ejlík
- Ruig & Rood
- Chýně Weizenbier
- Gonzo Imperial Porter 0,1 L
- Chýně Žitný speciál
- Matuška Raptor
- Nomád Žižkovský svrchňák
- Rasputin De Molen
- Rychtář Natur
- Ježek 11°
- Litoměřice Labuť ALE
- Jubiler světlý speciál nefiltrovaný
- Rebel Original Premium kvasnicový
- Zvíkov Rarášek malinový
- Au Hallertau Siegel-Bier
- Vyškovský Hefe Weissbier
- Falkon AIPA
- Kounic kvasnicový
- Rebel Svatováclavský Drsoň
- Zvíkov Rarášek pšeničné pivo
- Chotěboř Prémium světlý ležák
- Rambousek kaštano medový speciál
- Kácov světlý ležák nefiltrovaný
- Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen
- Rambousek tmavý speciál
- Něžný Barbar
- Qásek polotmavý speciál
- Březňák 12°světlý ležák Vyškov
- Chýně Simco
- Generál 14° světlý speciál kvasnicový
- Cream Ale w. Revelation Cat
Isn’t it impressive?
- Work hours: daily from 11 a.m. to 11.30 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Address: Čestmírova 390/5, Praha 4.
- Phone number: +420 723 339 995.
Diego Beer Bar Prague
The interior of Diego beer bar is made in dark colors and the lighting is always dim. It accomplishes to a good rest with a good beer. Design reminds of American retro style with ethnic Czech elements. The bar is divided into two parts, for smokers and non-smokers. In the summer you can sit outside on a terrace. Moreover, beer assortment of the bar is very large and for an affordable price.
- Továrenská 10°
- Kruták 12°
- Albrecht 12° Kateřina
- 13% HopBit
- Albrecht Double IPA 22° Secret enigma
- 15% Intergalactic PA
- Albrecht Irish Stout 17° Morion
- Goldie 11° Weizenbier
- Twist 14° American Red IPA
- Champion 11° Ale
- Zlata raketa 17° IPA
Speaking about the menu, there are up to ten dishes, mainly burito and burgers, prepared according to original American recipes. Beside, the most expensive burger costs 169 CZK.
- Work hours: daily from 4.30 p.m. to midnight.
- Address: Sokolovská 114/102, Praha 8.
- Phone number: +420 730 871 089.
Zubatý pes Prague
This is a two-story small pub, with a large beer choice. It always changes so there is no existing menu and it is better to ask bartender what to try. People love this place and both locals and tourists spend their evenings here.
- Work hours: from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Address: K Botiči 409/2, Praha 10.
- Phone number: +420 775 638 737.
Vinohradský pivovar Prague
The beginning of the 21st century in the Czech Republic brought changes in the beer production. There appeared more small breweries that made a product by traditional technologies and recipes. Vinohradský pivovar was in this list but managed to come up with bigger range. Nevertheless, the history of the brewery began in 1893.
Mestanske pivovar was founded by a small group of citizens and they made large garden nearby. In addition, the brewery is designed for an annual production of more than 10,000 hectoliters of beer. It is pretty clear that the choice of sorts is impressive.
- Work hours: daily from 11 a.m. to midnight.
- Address: Korunní 2506/106, Praha 10.
- Phone number: +420 222 760 080.
Nota Bene Prague
One of the very popular with tourists place is the beer restaurant Nota Bene, which means “pay attention”. The restaurant stands out in front of other neighbors with its stylish interior. The menu of Nota Bene successfully combines local cuisine with a high-quality lager beer. But for this there are 6 other sorts:
- 12°- nefiltrovaný ležák- Únětice
- 13°- pšeničné.-Matuška-Raptor
- 12°- bezový ležák-Valášek- Vsetín
- 11°-APA- Zeppelin-Falkon
- 10°- nefiltrované – Únětice
- 11%-ale-Cuvée du Chateau-Van Honsebrouck
Some time ago they began to brew their own beer India Pale Ale. All in all, the place has good reputation among lovers of quality Czech beer.
- Work hours: from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Address: Mikovcova 4, Praha 2.
- Phone number: +420 721 299 131.
Bad flash bar Prague
The institution is located not in the city center, so you won’t be bothered by large crowds of people, thought it is easy to get there. The interior is quite spacious, cozy and comfortable. All visitors note a very large selection of beer: from lager to stout.
- Work hours: from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Address: Krymská 126/2, Praha 10.
- Phone number: +420 273 134 609.
U Tri Ruzi Prague
The history of the place began in 1405, which is quite prominent for all Czechia. Nowadays the restaurant recreates historical interior thus adding more atmosphere to it. Here you can try wonderful craft beer and also delicious Czech food. Among the original varieties of beer there are Viennared red beer and the refreshing Weissbier.
- Work hours: from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Address: Husova 10, Praha 1.
- Phone number: +420 601 588 281, +420 601 588 282.
Here you can find out more places where to drink beer in Prague: breweries, Irish pubs, beer gardens.
The Hostivar Brewery Prague
Let’s move on and mention the next in the list best craft beer places in Prague. A large assortment of local beer will satisfy the tastes of even the most sophisticated gourmets. In addition, in summer you can enjoy it on the garden terrace.
- Work hours: daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Address: Lochotínská 656, Praha 15.
- Phone number: +420 702 202 903.
BeerGeek Bar Prague
Here you can try rare varieties of craft beer from small Czech breweries, as well as popular foreign classics from Belgium, Denmark, Britain, USA, Norway, Germany and many other countries. Besides bottled beer, there are 32 sorts of draught beer. In addition, the bar offers whiskey and rum from Ireland, Scotland and Japan.
- Work hours: daily from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Address: Vinohradská 988/62, Praha 3.
- Phone: +420 775 260 871.
Pivovarsky Klub Prague
Pivovarsky Klub is an excellent place to explore a wide range of Czech and foreign beer sorts. The menu offers draft beer as well as couple of varieties of European beer from the barrel. Of course, there is also a huge list of Czech bottled beer.
- Work hours: from 11.30 a.m. to 11.30 p.m.
- Address: Křižíkova 272/17, Praha 8.
- Phone: +420 222 315 777.
Roesel – Beer & Cake Prague
If you want to find a good pub in the center of Prague on Old Town Square, this is it. It is located in the House of three golden rings and has unremarkable appearance. That’s why many tourists don’t notice it. It has a little courtyard with calm and captivating atmosphere, where you can take a rest between walking. The menu of food and choice of beer are not big, but everything is extremely tasty.
- Work hours: daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Address: Mostecká 20, Malá Strana.
- Phone number: +420 777 119 368.
Craft House Prague
In Craft House Prague you will have a chance to try up to 25 varieties of non-traditional draft beer from the brewers of the Czech Republic, Poland, Germany and the Scandinavian countries. In addition, the bar sells bottled beer. The interior of the establishment is in the style of modern minimalism, with paintings of contemporary artists. Therefore it is popular among youth.
- Work hours: 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Address: Navrátilova 1421/11, Praha 1.
- Phone number: +420 222 935 304.
Fat Cat Brewery and Pub Prague
This is quite modern bar, which is among the best craft beer places in Prague. Fat Cat is located in Old Town and offers excellent craft beer and gourmet burgers. So, if you are looking for some place to take your ease, this will be an excellent choice.
- Work hours: daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Address: Karlova 147/44, Prague 1.
- Phone number: +420 735 751 751.
Illegal Beer Prague
Illegal Beer is located not far from Wenceslas Square. Each day it offers draft beer delivered from local brewers. The menu constantly changes, so going there for the second time there are small chances to find the beer you drank yesterday.
- Work hours: daily from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Address: Ve Smeckach 16, Prague 1.
- Phone number: +420 774 932 456.
Pipa Beer Story Prague
Pipa Beer Story Dlouha is located in the historical center of Prague and has more than 160 sorts of beer. Due to this and a rich variety of tasty dishes, stylish, cozy interior and nice location attract both residents of Prague and tourists. Furthermore, the assortment of beer is constantly changing.
- Work hours: from 11 a.m. to midnight.
- Address: Dlouha 14, Prague 1.
- Phone number: +420 777 445 473.
Best craft beer places in Prague
As you can see all of the best craft beer places in Prague we have mentioned are perfect for beer lovers. Only here you can try such a choice varieties of Czech local brewers as well as imported beer. It would be great to see your thoughts and reviews in comments below. Besides, what is your favorite craft beer place in Prague?
- We offer you to get unique experience with private tours with local guide, that open Prague from a completely new and exciting side!